Thursday, December 10, 2009

Standing on the Edge, Sink or Swim, I'm Diving In!

First off, my apologies to David Chapman Carpenter for stealing a line from his song "Dive", which is one of my all time favorites. But it's the only way I can express what I am feeling.

I have let my life get out of control in the past few years, and I am done. I am ready to take the reigns, and find a new direction on many fronts. I am committed to my financials (which are in the scary zone right now). I am committed to finding a partner in the world. I am committed to be happy again. And I am committed to my health. It all starts right here, right now.

I have been packing lunch with me, but falling into the temptation of holiday work treats, so that has to be corrected. I have also been having really bad dinners. I will work on that too.

I have a guy that I have been casually dating who I need to move--either out or in full time. I will set the ground work to let him decide what it will be.

As far as financials, well, it's going to be tricky for a bit. I do have to get some more gifts. But after that, total restriction. And I need to sell or unload my car somehow. Wish me luck on that.

OK, I feel better posting this to the world. Cross your fingers, wish me luck, I am taking the plunge starting today!

No comments: